Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: I did the unthinkable...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member CasualAGFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2005
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cami, I have a have a strange and bad habit of skimming posts without reading the whole thing. I missed the part about this issue coming up at least once a month. Words can't express how much I agree. The only good thing about it I see is I get to post my opinions once again and be one post closer to getting 500 posts. It seems kind of mean-spirited or overgeneralizing to me to consider liking or purchasing a certain kind of dolls "the unthinkable", since we do all have such diverse opinions and tastes(no offense, author of this thread). This isn't an anti-Bratz or anti-Barbie MB, it's an AG fan MB.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After your little story the only image I had was very amusing I am still giggling over it.

    I imagine your Samantha and Kit doll in full knight armor or superhuman uniforms (like from the Incredibles), and going off to fight the fire breathing, laser eyeshooting, Bratz dolls, with the superman/Indiana Jones/Star Wars theme playing in the back....See this is what happens at 1:30AM of my day off. My mind goes crazy...really funny though.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by The Brightly Colored Moth:
    They are just dolls as several people have said. A doll doesn't make a girl into tramp anymore than video games or Marilyn Manson make people kill. It starts with education and involvment and several parents are too lazy to do this. They'd rather have parental codes on their TVs. I feel the more a kids knows the less they will learn by experementing. I speak from expereince. My parents didn't shelter my sister and I as children, we were taught "the birds and bees" at a young age and because mysterious was taken away from it at such a young age we didn't feel compelled to learn about it by doing the way I know several people I knew did.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You pretty much summed up a portion of what I've been saying for ages. Thank you.

    I also had a similar childhood to yours.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Felicity Merriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Btw, I do have some Bratz dolls. And I also really like how they focus alot on girls with African American and Hispanic backrounds. I think the Bratz may be the first doll collection that had more black dolls than white. I also collect Barbie (as well as Jem and Darci dolls), and have several of mine from when I was a kid. And I think I turned out fine.

    BTW; I remeber when Barbie and the Rockers came out in the 80's, parents were upset about thier heavy make-up. I loved them, though.

    P.S. Has anyone seen the Lollipop Girl dolls? I know LikeWow has [img]wink.gif[/img] . I just love them. I have Pipi from Paris and Sassy from...Australia, I think?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •